Box Lacrosse is the indoor version of the game in lacrosse. This version of lacrosse is incredibly popular with the men’s game specifically in Canada. With the growing trend of Canadian players being recruited to NCAA programs- more men’s college coaches now having their American players participating in box training. The strategy of Box Lacrosse is similar to that of basketball, with all five runners involved in the offense and the defense. Added to the appeal are the speed and excitement created by a 30 second shot clock. The combination of action and reaction makes Box as much fun to play as it is to watch.
Four reasons Box Lacrosse is phenomenal for player development in the field game.
1. STICK HANDLING | Playing in closer spaces means your stick skills have to be tighter and quicker. Your stick handling improves because there is no room for error, quite literally.
2. DEFENSIVE BODY POSITION | No D-Poles means that defensive players have to use good body position to be successful.
3. OFF-BALL MOVEMENT | Playing in such a tight area means it is that much harder to get open. Running through people to go to goal just doesn’t work. Players learn to cut, pick and keep in constant motion.
4. PROVEN SUCCESS | You can list as many of the benefits as you want, but the proof is in the success that box players have. Look at the most successful players over the last decade. The majority play box in the off season. Thompson Brothers, Brodie Merrill, Casey Powell, the Gait brothers. No matter who you identify with, the common thread is that they have or still do play box lacrosse.If you watch any NCAA game on TV these days, you heard an announcer comment on how playing box lacrosse is so beneficial. Now it is your turn to do what the top players in the country have been doing for years!
- Squirt | Grades 3-4th | 9:00am – 10:00am
- Peewee | Grades 5-6th | 10:00am – 11:00am
- Bantam | Grades 7-8th | 11:00am – 12:00pm
Session I (3) | $75
- December 4th, 11th, 18th
Session II (7) | $175
- January 8th, 15th, 29th | *Off 1/22
- February 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
Sportsplex of St. Charles
1500 Foundry Street, St. Charles IL 60174