Welcome to the 2017-2018 River City Select Program!
River City’s 2020 & 2021 Select Team provides an exciting and competitive atmosphere for experienced and motivated lacrosse players to compete and develop with talented players and experienced, professional and certified coaching staff!
After each season, River City does a thorough assessment of the program to implement improvements for the following Select season. We are very excited to share our developments in the program with you!
Below find tryout date as well as suggested programs by season for Select players leading up to the Spring-Summer season. Select Team members receive special rates on River City off season programs such as Academy, Indoor and Summer league, Specialty Clinics.
2020/2021 Select Team Tryouts | Wednesday October 18th
- Grad years 2020-2021
- St. Charles Sportsplex | 1400 Foundry Street
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- **Alternative tryout date Monday October 23rd 7:00pm – 8:00pm
- *Required tryout for Spring-Summer 2018
- Players selected and accepting roster spot are committing to Fall & Summer 2018.
- Spring players would play for their respective high school team.
- Players unable to attend tryouts must contact email@example.com, PRIOR to Oct 14th.
Fall Select Season | $400
Select Teams will compete in 2 tournaments in Fall ’17.
Tuesday Practices | Oct 17th – Nov 21st weather permitting | 5:00pm – 6:30pm
- Rockford Classic | Oct 29th
- 10 v 10 Rockford IL
- Buffalo Brawl | Nov 26th
- 6 v 6 | Naperville IL
Summer 2018 | $1000 | *Select uniform not included.
Practice uniform pack included. Select game uniform $100 | Returning players use 2017 set.
June – July | 1 team practice/week – 1 position training day/week
June – July | 3 tournaments – 2 local – 1 trip to CT for round robin & Clinic with NCAA DI West Point coach and players
- Proposed dates are June 23rd-24th or July 21st – 22nd
- Play day with 4-5 teams from CT & NY, followed a clinic at West Point Military Academy by Coach Alberici and players. Tour and possible meal on campus.
- The date of this trip will dictate the 3rd tournament we enter either in the beginning or end of summer season.
- Trip costs is included in team fee: Game, clinic and tour fees. Charter bus from/to airport & all scheduled events. Not included travel/lodging expenses.
- MORE TO COME!
Mike Black | RCL Founder & Director, Minnesota State University, St. Charles ’98